The Constitution has protected us for 240 years. It can only continue to protect us if we are willing to participate in governing. The President is 1/3 of our system of checks and balances, and yes we can survive either a Trump or Clinton Presidency. We ARE dealing with the lesser of two evils in this election.
I blame the Congress; they alone should be held responsible for the two choices we have for President in November.
They have failed all of us by not performing their Constitutional duty.
- Congress has not provided oversight.
- Congress has continued to fund Obamacare.
- Congress has continued to fund a Justice Department that has not enforced our immigration laws.
- Congress has continued to fund a V.A., that has failed to care for our Veterans.
- Congress has caved at every turn to the Executive Branch, by continuing to fund Regulatory agencies, whose volumes of new regulations destroy free markets and create cronyism. Pay for Play.
- Congress has not provided oversight of the Federal Bank and has setup the inevitable catastrophe that looms with our National Debt. Artificially low interest rates have enriched the banks and bankers, while crushing the poor and middle class.
Now Congress has left Washington to seek their own re-election.
Rather than confront and address the daily revelations of *treasonous corruption revealed in WikiLeaks which undermine our confidence in Government, they hide silently in their Districts. How convenient the timing of the election and disclosures? Do you think they did not know about all that is being disclosed?
In a Republic, it is our Congressional Representative who serves as our “Champion”, a person who fights or argues for a cause or on behalf of someone else.
Why are they silent now when our Republic is at great peril? Why will “we the people” vote these deadbeats back into office on the same day we must choose between the lesser of the two evils they created? Why do “we the people” not challenge our Congressional Representatives each day to fight for us?
Silence is the deadly enemy of the Truth.
The founders and writers of the Constitution did not create a Democracy, rather a *Republic
When “we the people” do not hold our Representatives accountable they will fail us… and the Republic falters. It is that simple.
*Treason is when a person acts against his country. For example, somebody might help another country fight a war against or loot his country by keeping secrets or failing to protect his country. In history, treason included the murder of certain people in charge. Treason against the king was called high treason and treason against a lesser role was called petty treason. A treasonous person is called a traitor
*Republic (from Latin: res publica) is a sovereign state or country which is organized with a form of government in which power resides in elected individuals representing the citizen body and government leaders exercise power according to the rule of law.